PE and Sports Premium Funding
At Willingdon Primary School, we are aiming to support our children to have a mentally and physically healthy lifestyle, that they can sustain for the rest of their lives.
We will achieve this through cross curricular links and by focusing on physical, cognitive, social, personal and health and fitness goals.
Willingdon has fantastic resources to support our PE provision; including a large field with a Daily Mile track, 2 indoor halls and incredibly dedicated and trained staff! We have a dedicated Sports and Nurture Coach working within the school to ensure all of our children have access to fantastic provision.
Extra-Curricular and Clubs
We are continuing to develop our range of extra-curricular provision to engage our pupils. This year we are able to provide:
- Maypole Dancing
We are also proud members of the Eastbourne PE Association which have enabled us to take part in a variety of competitive inter-school sports.
We have embedded the Sports Values into our curriculum this year and promote a range of intra-school competitions.
Sports Premium Funding:
Since March 2013, the government has been providing funding to aid schools to improve the provision of Sport and PE in primary school in England – The Primary PE and Sport Premium. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. This funding is given to schools to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of Physical Education, Sport and Physical Activity (PESPA) they offer. This means that we should use the Primary PE and Sport Premium to:
- Develop or add to activities that your school already offer
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Aims for 22/23
We are aiming to:
- focus on engaging more SEND/Disadvantaged pupils in 60 minutes of daily activity to decrease the number of children who have identified themselves as inactive
- continue to maintain or increase the % of pupils who are active for 60 minutes daily across the whole school
- raise the profile of sports across the school and into the wider school community to celebrate the achievements of the children and to promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- continue to increase teacher confidence in delivering PE and enable all teachers to provide an engaging and active curriculum by employing a dedicated Sports Coach
- develop a range of Sports experiences and celebrations to engage all pupils, aiming to maintain or increase the % of children engaged in an extra-curricular club/ event across the school
- increase the number of children who participate in competition across the school. We will achieve this by taking part in intra and inter school competition and by taking part in a range of competition in different skill developments.
Please see below our current Sports Premium Funding Impact Report giving full details of how we choose to spend our PE and Sport Premium.