Welcome to Willingdon Primary
Based at the foot of the South Downs just outside of Eastbourne, we are a school that prides itself on our excellent reputation and school diversity. We believe in working together as a school community to achieve the best results. Both our pupils and staff are encouraged and inspired to achieve their best potential.
We endeavour to provide an enjoyable, enriched educational experience that is both meaningful and relevant to every child and to develop personal qualities that provide a sound foundation for the future. All those concerned with the school share these beliefs.
Mrs Gemma Roxburgh - Headteacher
At Willingdon Primary School we:
- Develop creative life-long learners and thinkers
- Promote confidence, independence and resilience
- Are kind, caring, compassionate and inclusive
- Deliver a rich, creative and inspirational curriculum
- Provide a high quality environment for teaching and learning inside and out
- Involve parents, carers, families and the wider community in our children's learning
- Have high aspirations and support everyone to be motivated achievers.
- 'Pupils are kind and respectful. The school’s values are woven into everything. Everyone understands these values and tries to live up to them. Pupils use words such as ‘amazing’ to describe their school.'
- 'Pupils trust adults to have children’s best interests at heart. They feel safe and valued in this caring, inclusive school.'